If you do a lot of traveling with your bike, Higher Gear recommends investing in a Trico Iron Case.
The ultra-strong Iron Case was designed and created to take the worry out of traveling with your bicycle – period! And it’s been providing worry-free bike travel for over 20 years. You can’t enjoy your biking plans if you don’t have the strongest, easiest-to-pack, and most-maneuverable bike carrier on this planet, and the Iron Case has the features and the longest track record to take the fretting out of your travel plans. Features include:
- Polycarbonate Triconium shells have highest possible strength/weight ratio for external protection.
- Three layers of plush foam cocoon your bicycle for maximum internal protection.
- Seven heavy-duty straps secure the case from accidental openings.
- Pull-Strap and recessed wheels for ease in mobility.
- Adjustable Length locking clasp molded into shell for maximum security.
- Four molded handles for ease in handling.
- Allows for different width requirements, unlike non-adjustable latch-style cases.
- Designed to meet UPS shipping regulations.
If you do a lot of traveling with your bike, a good travel case, like Tricosports’ Legendary Iron Case, is worthwhile investment. Trico Bicycle Cases are not something we stock in store, but are available to order. If you have plans to travel, contact us in advance so that we can have your Trico case available for you when you need it.
Schedule in advance if you would like our mechanics to pack your bike for your travel. For your return, feel free to have your bike shipped directly to our shop where we can put your bicycle back together for you.
To see just how tough the Trico Iron Case is, check out these videos:
- Trico Iron Case Extreme Testing – Part 1 video by WeKeepYouCycling.com
- Trico Iron Case Extreme Testing – Part 2 video by WeKeepYouCycling.com
- Trico Iron Case Extreme Testing – Part 3 video by WeKeepYouCycling.com
Tips and videos on how to pack your bike are available at the following:
- How to Pack Your Bike from BikeRadar.com
- How to Pack Your Bike for Travel or Shipping by Georgia Gould, four-time elite mountain bike national champion, for USA Cycling.
- How to Pack your Mountain Bike video on Velosmith.
- How to Pack Up Your Bike video by TriSports.com
For further information about traveling with your bike, check out the following articles:
- Higher Gear’s tips for Traveling With Your Bike.
- Tips for Traveling with Your Mountain Bike by Hans Rey for Bicycling.com.
- How to Avoid Excess Baggage Fees by Sonya Looney for Bicycling.com blogs. Flying with your bike isn’t easy, but it shouldn’t cost a fortune.
- Looking to rent a bike in northern California? Check out Uber Bike.