In the Windy City we tell people, “If you don’t like the weather, just wait 15 minutes!” …Which doesn’t always work while out on a ride.
For this reason, Sugoi made the Versa Jacket, their flagship technical outwear piece.
Sugoi’s Versa Jacket is the essential lightweight jacket for those of us who know how quickly the wind can change over the lake or how temps can vary when riding from city streets to forest preserve.
Using magnets, rather than awkward zippers, the Sugoi Versa Jacket is easily and quickly convertible from a jacket into a vest and back again even mid-ride.*
Other features include
* Breathable stretch fabrics and engineered panels allow for close-fit comfort and unrestricted freedom of movement
* Mesh ventilation in the back for maximum airflow
* Three pockets, including a rear stow-away pocket that easily stores the removable sleeves when not in use
* 3M Reflective piping on front, side and back for added visibility
Here’s what Higher Gear’s Joy Sherrick has to say about her Sugoi Versa Jacket:
“The Versa has become my go-to jacket. I lived in it for outdoor runs all winter long. It’s my favorite cycling jacket by far – especially for the fall and spring months when I’m not sure what conditions I’ll be encountering at the lakefront.”
MSRP: $120 Available in Mens & Womens
* Not all of us are riding in the Tour de France. Higher Gear advocates safe cycling practices and recommends making the transition while stopped. Just know the conversion from jacket to vest or vice versa is quick – which will give you time to refuel or check your Twitter feed (while stopped, of course) while your cycling mates are still fumbling with their cumbersome zippers!