Both Higher Gear stores are equipped with a Calfee Sizer Cycle. We can duplicate the geometry of any manufacturer’s production frame directly from their published geometry charts. This allows you, the rider, to test ride a demo bike that may not fit perfectly just to get an idea of the ride quality.
Then we can check the fit to determine the correct frame size, stem length, and saddle position on the first try. This makes special ordering frames easy and accurate.
We can also simulate different possible stem lengths on a bike and change the actual stem only once on the real bike.
Using the Calfee Sizer Cycle, we can also find the right adjustment for the following:
- Seat tube angle (from 71 to 79 degrees)
- Seat tube length (from 43 through 72 cm)
- Top tube length (from 46 through 70 cm)
- Head tube angle (70 through 75.5 degrees)
- Head tube length (8 through 30 cm)
And get the measurements for the wheelbase, front center, stack height of headset, and spacers.