It’s a cruel truth: sometimes you have to drive your bike to the place you want to ride it. For those times, you need a bike rack for your car. At Higher Gear, we’re proud to sell Thule and Saris products.
The three most common bike racks connect to a roof rack system, plug in to a Class 2 or Class 3 trailer hitch, or attach to the hatchback or trunk of your car. Which type of rack is right for you depends on your answers to the following questions:
- What kind of car do you drive?
- Does your car have a Class 2 or Class 3 hitch? If not, do you plan to install one?
- Does the car have a roof rack? If not, do you plan to install one?
- How many bikes do you plan to transport? What are their sizes?
- How secure must the wheels be?
Bring your answers to these questions to Higher Gear, and we’ll match you and your car with the perfect bike carrier.
Need Help? Have Questions?
Wilmette | 847-256-2330