We’re delighted to announce that the Wrigley Field Road Tour is back for its fourth year!
The Wrigley Field Road Tour is an annual 100-mile charity bike ride led by Chicago Cubs Board Member, Todd Ricketts, and SRAM Executive Vice President, F.K. Day, to benefit the global work of World Bicycle Relief and the local work of Chicago Cubs Charities. For 2013, the ride will again start and end at Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs, and will conclude with an unforgettable party on the field including live music, bouncy castles for kids and, of course food, and drinks. Whether a first-time century rider or a seasoned pro, The Wrigley Field Road Tour is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a beautiful century ride and experience the magic of Wrigley Field, all while making a world of difference.
Wrigley Field Road Tour…100 Miles to Go
Sunday, August 25th 2013 – 8:00 a.m.
Gear up for this year’s big ride and be among the first to secure your spot!
Registration opens to previous riders and volunteers February, 27th.
Registration opens to the public on March, 7th.
Registration for the 2013 Wrigley Field Road Tour is $100 plus a minimum contribution of $400. The $400 contribution can be donated at registration or fundraised by August 22nd. All participants who raise $1,000 or more for the global work of World Bicycle Relief and the local work of Chicago Cubs Charities will be eligible to win one of our exclusive prizes.
Higher Gear wants to get you to the post-ride celebration on Wrigley Field in the best shape possible. Check back with us all summer as we add tips and suggestions that will help you – whether this is your first century ride or you’re a seasoned century veteran.
- Before you embark on your century training, see Your Century Begins Here.
- We’ve got all your century riding needs covered. See our Century Ride Essentials for our gear recommendations.
- UPDATE: 4th annual WFRT post-ride entertainment announced.
- New for this year, we’ve teamed up with Coach Craig of Precision Multisport, who has created two training plans for the 2013 WFRT.
- Interested in joining our WFRT group training rides but new to group riding? Higher Gear welcomes new riders. Before your first ride, check out our Group Ride Rules.
- As you’re training outdoors this summer, be sure to keep your skin protected.
- Stay healthy on and off the bike this summer with a foam roller (which can be ordered at Higher Gear).
Stay tuned to this page and to Higher Gear’s Facebook page for more updates. Sign up to stay connected with Higher Gear’s weekly newsletter. We’ll keep you updated and on track to ride 100 miles. Sign up here to receive updates on the 2013 Wrigley Field Road Tour as they become available.