Events tend to come in threes. This week we are happy to celebrate the three-year anniversary of the new Higher Gear. Around since 1993, Higher Gear has operated for the last three years under new ownership and management. It has been a great ride. They say all things happen in threes, so we are excited about the next three years.
We’re proud to boast about many elements of Higher Gear. We share a passion for cycling with our customers. We are pleased that we have some of the best and nicest customers in the industry. We work to serve your needs with what we believe is the best staff in Chicagoland cycling. We have brought the best brands to our customers. You can always count on industry innovations and exceptional products from Specialized, SCOTT, Bianchi and Seven.
The landscape around us has changed significantly in just 36 months. Some bike shops that were very popular have disappeared. Still others are under different names and are almost unidentifiable from their former businesses. Even further are the bike shops that are shadows of their former selves, struggling to survive. Through your support and the hard work of our great team, we’re happy to celebrate three great years of growth.
This week, we reflect on some of the great accomplishments of the past three years:
- Three years of Wrigley Field Road Tour
- Growing focus on women’s cycling and a very successful first year with our spring Women’s Cycling Clinic
- Terrific performance and momentum behind the Higher Gear Gearhead cyclocross team
- Arguably, two new shops; one in a completely new location, in Wilmette – Plaza del Lago and the second, in Highland Park, enjoying a serious face lift.
- Powerful and informative new website
- CompuTrainer studio in our Highland Park location
- So many great group rides each week
- A great event to celebrate the Seven brand of bikes– founder visit and ride
Throughout all this, Higher Gear has been able to ensure that the two core elements of good cycling have remained in tact – beer and pizza.
Heck, considering of the challenges facing small businesses, a still fragile economy and the pressures of a competitive industry in retail cycling, we’re even proud that we’re still here. We have our great customers and exceptional team to thank for all of this. Who’s ready for three more years?