Date(s) - 25 May 2012
5:30 AM - 7:00 AM
Higher Gear - Wilmette
Ride with Sylvie at 5:30am on Fridays for an 8 week series of group rides. The group departs from Higher Gear – Wilmette.
The goal of this ride is to ride safely and comfortably in a group. Ideally we will get faster together each week. You should be able to hold a 17mph pace for 1 hour. You should be capable of riding predictably and be able to communicate effectively on a group ride.
We will practice mindful riding. Each morning we will agree on the goal of our ride, the route and return time.
Please let us know if you are coming by signing up below based on your bike and pace.
Please arrive on time and be prepared to leave promptly at 5:30am.
- Have a front and rear light. It is dark when we leave.
- Wear a helmet, cycling shorts and layers to stay warm.
- Bring water and a flat kit (including tire levers, CO2 Cartridges and tube to fit your tire).
- Wear a RoadID and carry your phone.
- Be prepared to ride in a group and communicate appropriately.
- Ride cautiously and predictably.
This ride is for road bikes only – at least for right now. If you have a hybrid or mountain bike and are interested in group rides, you’re welcome to join our Tuesday morning ride or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organize a group.