Date(s) - 17 Sep 2017
6:45 AM - 12:00 PM
If you’re looking for a local race that is fast, flat and fun, you’ve found the race for you! Whether you’re new to triathlon or you’re an experienced triathlete looking for a race that’s in your own neighborhood, the North Shore Triathlon is for you.
If you’re looking for an ideal first triathlon, look no further! There’s even a SuperSprint distance for those who just want “to get their feet wet.” For those who don’t want to swim, bike AND run, there is a relay option available.
The North Shore Triathlon is back for its FIFTH year, bringing triathlon close to home with a stunning, sprint-distance course through the beautiful Wilmette, Winnetka and Kenilworth neighborhoods of the North Shore. A relay option and a SuperSprint distance are also available. (SuperSprint is perfect for kids and beginners!)
- The swim is in the beautiful Lake Michigan. The swim will be a wave start is a point-to-point swim in a straight line, running parallel with the shoreline of scenic Gillson Park.
- The bike course begins heading north up Sheridan Road, along the lakefront. The course doubles back on itself, and all riders will take two loops of the course before heading back to transition.
- The scenic, single-loop run course will take you south and west through Wilmette before doubling back on itself and ending at the finish line at Gillson Park where your family will be waiting for you.
- Transition area will be at the scenic Gillson Park. This is a great place for your family and friends to spend the morning enjoying the park, following you as you head out on your ride and run and cheering for you as you come in for your big finish.
All race participants will receive a complimentary race bag, t-shirt, and finisher medal, and the top three athletes in each age group will be awarded with a custom plaque!
Not interested in racing? Races don’t happen without the many volunteers involved. Considering volunteering for this great local event. Helping with an event is almost as fun as participating in the race, and it’s a great way to get involved in triathlon, encourage the athletes, and rally support for local businesses and charities!
All volunteers will receive a North Shore Triathlon Volunteer t-shirt and $15 off your race registration for next year!
Gillson Park also offers fabulous spectating opportunities and is a great place for you to spend the day with your family.
- Schedule your pre-race tune-up with Higher Gear before race week.
- Considering triathlon? One of our Higher Gear customers encourages you to “Give tri a try.”
- The North Shore Triathlon is brought to you by Coach Craig at Precision Multisport.
Need Help? Have Questions?
Wilmette | 847-256-2330